James Lawrence founded Engiven in 2018. Ever since its launch, the platform has grown unexpectedly.
From partnering with the Central Pacific Bank Foundation to facilitating a crypto donation worth $10 million – the largest in history, Engiven has achieved a lot in just 3 years.
At the end of this Engiven Review, you will know what exactly the platform is capable of and if it’s a good one for your non-profit to accept crypto donations.
What Is Engiven? All You Need to Know
Engiven’s donation platform empowers nonprofits to accept and exchange cryptocurrency donations easily and securely.
To keep track of things, it has a real-time dashboard that lets you see all the donations coming in.
When it comes to trust, Engiven is trustworthy because of the clientele it has.
Let’s have a look at all the features the platform has to offer.
Features of Engiven Crypto Donation Platform
The Donation Widget
With Engiven, you can embed a giving widget (such as a button) to any of your website pages that will send the donor to fill a form and donate crypto.
The platform also verifies each crypto-donation as soon as it hits the blockchain.
The donation page that appears after a donor has clicked on the Engiven widget is quite easy to fill and understand.
It’s a transparent and safe system to donate cryptocurrency from anywhere in the world.
You can customize the form a donor fills while donating crypto as well.
For gaining trust and motivating donors, you can enter your mission and vision in the form.
Engiven also has its own set of FaQs for all your donors. If you’re not satisfied with the set they provide, you can customize and add your own FaQs.
With the analytical dashboard, Engiven has, you can get surplus information about each donor according to their form details.
This way, you have a detailed portfolio of each and every person who has ever donated to your nonprofit organization.
For those who do great deeds without recognition, you can allow anonymous donations.
It’s an option that you can decide to switch on or off.
The donation form of Engiven is SSL protected for secure transactions.
Engiven supports donations from 38 different cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum Litecoin or Zcash.
Engiven does not generate any kind of fee until you receive a donation.
There’s no cost to sign up to the platform and start accepting donations.
You don’t have to sign any monthly contract or pay a monthly fee if you choose the free-to-use plan.
The only fee you have to pay is the flat fee when converting USD to ACH.
You get comprehensive donor management and reporting about what and how many donations did you get per transaction.
After each donation, a receipt is generated that you can hand over to the donor and keep one for yourself to have proper records.
The receipt can be customized as per the needs.
After converting crypto to USD, the Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposits are made every 2 to 3 days.
You also get 24/7 technical support and training from experts.
How to Get Started With Engiven?
First, you have to fill up a quick and simple sign-up form at https://www.engiven.com/ (You will see a blue button, ‘Free Sign Up’; just click that).
Once you’ve filled the form, you will have to:
- Verify your organization as non-profit
- Create a fund (for accepting donations)
- Create a giving widget/button to embed on your website’s donation page
After all of this is done, the donations are accepted and converted to fiat currency (USD). The conversion can either be automatic or manual.
Why Should You Trust Engiven for Crypto Donations?
Here are some collaborations and milestones that Engiven has achieved:
- October 14, 2021: Engiven partners with GVNG to make it easy for users to donate crypto to their GVNG wallets
- October 12, 2021: Compassion International – an international child development organization, adopts crypto donations by collaborating with Engiven
- September 29, 2021: The Central Pacific bank Foundation partners with Engiven
- September 7, 2021: The US Figure Skating – official winter Olympic team of the US announced their partnership with Engiven to accept cryptocurrency donations
- April 8, 2021: The Orang Utan Republik Foundation (OURF) announced its partnership with Engiven to accept bitcoin, ethereum, and other crypto donations to fund their program
Things to Take Care of While Accepting Crypto Donations Via Engiven
- Not every nonprofit can leverage Engiven and accept crypto donations
- For starters, your nonprofit organization should be pursuant to Section 501c3 of the internal revenue code
- You must hold an executive position at your company to carry out the validation process on Engiven
- You can’t use the services if you operate in:
- North Korea
- If you avail the automatic liquidation feature of Engiven, the donated cryptocurrency will be immediately liquidated into USD, and the crypto will be sold immediately in the market at market rates
To get more details about the use cases of Engiven, go through their Terms of Service page.
How Much Will Engiven Cost You?
If you want to just try out the platform, you can start with its free plan.
But if you know the working and can invest a small amount as a fee, go with the Premium.
The paid plan has unlimited funds and widget creation.
By opting for a yearly plan, you save $300 on the Premium plan.
Why Engiven Is One of the Best Crypto Donation Platform
- Powerful Donor Management App: Helps you carry out and verify all the crypto transactions
- No Set-Up or Annual Fee (if you opt for a Free plan): Other than fiat rates to convert the USD donations to ACH, you don’t have to pay any fee for using the platform
- Automated Liquidations: After the donation is made, Engiven verifies the transaction on the crypto blockchain, converts crypto to USD, and initiates an ACH deposit to your bank
- Donor Support: You donors will get in-person guidance over a phone call or Zoom call if they find it difficult to donate via Engiven
In just 3 years of its launch, Engiven has achieved a lot.
With cryptocurrency being a strong economy for the future, several non-profits will eventually start accepting donations in crypto.
So the future of Engiven seems promising.
If you’re a non-profit and still haven’t adapted crypto donations, it might be a good idea to give it a try with Engiven.
All you have to do is sign up for free, verify your non-profit and accept donations.